ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Some definitions & concepts to inform our work

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Some definitions & concepts to inform our work
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:50:29 +0100

On 15 Sep 2009, at 14:45, Mike O'Connor wrote:

yep, i agree with that too.  i'm viewing this as a way to disassemble
the black box, clarify how it works, and then put it back together in
the way that's simplest and easiest to understand.  i'm happy to drop
conversations that get us off in the weeds.

Cool - I think it's good to clarify stuff I just see some WGs going way way way off topic is they're not reined in (and I'm usually a culprit as well!)

i also buy the argument that those terms may not be relevant to the
narrow scope of inter-registrar domain-name transfers, which is our
scope, and apply more to something like post-expiry domain-name
recovery.  as (if) we continue this, can folks describe how the
addition of these two terms helps us with understanding inter-
registrar transfers?

The post-expiry stuff is probably more relevant, but again, only to a point

since we're looking at the need for an expedited-return process, there
may indeed be a need to call out those additional folks.  they may not
directly involved in the actual transfer, but they may cause an un-
approved IRT to happen, and may cause the need for expedited return.
another gear in the black box...

sorry about posting this just before the call...