ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Agenda for tomorrow's meeting

  • To: "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx List" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Agenda for tomorrow's meeting
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:32:57 -0400

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Mike O'Connor <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> take a look at my little drawing...  that's what i'm basing all this stuff
> on...

I appreciate that Mikey put a lot of effort into this, however it's
beginning to resemble an Escher painting.

I don't have the tools to edit the drawing, but here's what one might do:

(1) Take the little box in the 2nd column which says "Verify Identity
of Losing Registrant" and put it on a blank page.

(2) Put an arrow next to it, and connect it to the box in the bottom
right of the picture which says "Finalize Transfer".

That's it. 2 boxes, instead of *14*!

I certainly think most folks would prefer the elegance and simplicity
of my picture of the domain transfer world, rather than the vision
that has evolved to date in this workgroup. But, feel free to explain
what's "wrong" with the 2-boxes picture. I'd really love to know.

Remember the K.I.S.S. principle!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Sincerely,

George Kirikos