ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Charter Question (C): Change of Registrant

  • To: <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Charter Question (C): Change of Registrant
  • From: "Chris Chaplow" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:19:48 +0200

Rob,

That is interesting.

Joe Bloggs DBA "Bloggs Domains" can become Joe
Bloggs DBA "Bloggs and Sons Domains" - the "legal" entity and therefore
party to the .uk registration agreement remains Joe Bloggs (individual)

In the .uk reg agreement (which I am not familiar with) does  'Joe Bloggs'
go in the registrant name field and 'Bloggs Domains'  in a secondary  field
or is it common practice for a firm to be registrant in their invented
marketing name "Bloggs Domains"

In the .es and many latin law countries in Europe (I understand) they are
quite strict that you register a legal name, be it a 'persona fisica'   or a
'persona juridical'

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucía.com S.L.