ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: Aftermarket Perspective

  • To: "Sedo :: Simonetta Batteiger" <simonetta@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: Aftermarket Perspective
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:12:28 -0500

here is my contribution to the survey (following up on my comments on the call
today).

it would be nice to insert a line of questioning into the survey that goes
something like this:

-- do you support the goal of rapidly returning a hijacked domain to its owner?

-- if you support the goal of rapid-return of a hijacked domain, but disagree
with the approach taken by the WG, what approach would you suggest instead?

regarding Matt's point (about who receives the survey)...  maybe one way out
would be to clearly state the **use** of the information gathered.  i share
Matt's concern that we are seeking an intentionally-biased sample right now.
so if the results of this survey are going to be the basis of determining
policy then we need a broader sample.  but if the use of the survey is to
inform policy-making, and it is made clear that this is not a representative
group and their views may not prevail when balanced against the broader
community of stakeholders, then i'd be OK going with a narrow focus.

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com