ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C WG/ 11 September 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C WG/ 11 September 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:57:16 -0700

**With correct heading**

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled on the Tuesday 18th September 2012 @ 1400
UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Wednesday 11 September 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120911-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#sep

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
James Bladel -RrSG co-chair
Avri Doria - NCSG co-Chair
Hago Dafalla - NCUC
Barbara Knight - RySG
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
Rob Golding - RrSG
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Angie Graves - CBUC
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Phil Corwin - CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Paul Diaz - RrSG
Matt Serlin - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de St Géry
Berry Cobb
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Volker Greimann- RrSG
Roy Dykes - RySG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams
Angie Graves

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine
GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Room Transcript - 11 September 2012

 Marika Konings:IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 11 September 2012

  IRTP:hi Marika this is Hago Dafalla

  Marika Konings:Hi Hago, I'll update your name

  IRTP:oky

  Hago Dafalla:thanks

  Marika Konings:Next time when you sign into Adobe Connect, you can just put
your name.

  Hago Dafalla:hi Nathalie

  Marika Konings:The IRTP password is only for the conference call, not for the
Adobe Connect.

  Hago Dafalla:thanks Marika

  Bladel:*theme from jeopardy*

  Philip Corwin:These charts just keep gettng prettier -- nice job Mikey!

  Simonetta Batteiger:what do we mean with toggeling the safeguard?

  Simonetta Batteiger:that part left me confused...

  Simonetta Batteiger:that RAA method is new though, correct? It's not
something that already exists, or does it?

  Bladel:I'm fin with turning off the safeguard.  But turning it back on is a
significant development/process effort.

  Simonetta Batteiger:what is the "safeguard"?

  Bladel:We (and most other registrars) already have other products to achieve
that.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Rob Golding has joined the audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Tenenbaum has joined the call

  Rob Golding (Othello/Astutium):I'm ok with "registrar lock"

  Rob Golding (Othello/Astutium):or something more specific

  avri:is it registrant lock?

  Rob Golding (Othello/Astutium):@avri - needs to be very specific, if we're
already discussing differnet names ;)

  Simonetta Batteiger:isn't that something most registrars already have?

  Simonetta Batteiger:an option to lock/unlock?

  avri:might it not be the person who bought it from them

  Simonetta Batteiger:don't mind, want to talk about JAme's comment

  Simonetta Batteiger:locks are already used for all kinds of reasons

  Simonetta Batteiger:Avri: what happens on the Gaining Side is not currently
defined as a mandatory policy

  Simonetta Batteiger:a dispute lock shuold not be something you can override

  Simonetta Batteiger:this is something that's technically one of the most
challenging parts of Case 1

  Simonetta Batteiger:it's part of why transfers are currently so messy

  Simonetta Batteiger:it's not easy for a Gaining Registrar to correctly scrape
registrant info for the submission of FOAs

  Simonetta Batteiger:out of the WhoIS

  Simonetta Batteiger:How likely is that new RAA method coming?

  Simonetta Batteiger:and with what anticipated timeline?

  avri:On the RAA method, even if there is some uncertainty on that, if this
groups wants to recommend that this method be created, that can be the result
of the PDP.  Also that is why it is importn that at least one of the uses cases
work with current RAA

  Simonetta Batteiger:no, go ahead

  Barbara Knight-RySG:I prefer codes as well for auth info

  Hago Dafalla:this  URL not work please correct it
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/msg00343.htm

  Marika Konings:Please try this link:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/msg00343.html

  Marika Konings:I think you dropped the 'l' at the end of the link

  Hago Dafalla:oky

  Simonetta Batteiger:they currently have no expiry date

  Simonetta Batteiger:some registrars have random expiry dates

  Simonetta Batteiger:some registrars currently alsready work with the
indefinite ones

  Simonetta Batteiger:What is the difference between asking them to introduce
the expiry and the option to waive it?

  Mat Serlin:voicing my support for what both James and Mikey have said

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Mat +1

  Simonetta Batteiger:If the default is expiry and you need to request renewal
I don't see why we're not achieving what the intent was

  Simonetta Batteiger:that's already more security than we currently have with
no rule at all for expiry

  Simonetta Batteiger:while not buidling hurdles for existing market solutions

  Barbara Knight-RySG:I agree with James that the intent of the FOA is to
provide authorization for a specific transfer.

  Mikey O'Connor:+1 Barbara/James

  Simonetta Batteiger:I have no issues with any or the

  Rob Golding (Othello/Astutium):i agree - an FOA is auth to transfer IN to a
specific registrar  a specific domains

  Rob Golding (Othello/Astutium):the losing registrar FOA (or request for an
FOA check) is triggered by the registry telling the losing registrar about the
transfer request