ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-metrep-wg]

Re: [gnso-metrep-wg] new name for the working group formerly known as Metrics and Reporting

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-metrep-wg] new name for the working group formerly known as Metrics and Reporting
  • From: Mouhamet Diop <mouhamet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:11:46 +0000

Everything we are doing within the GNSO is for Policy making.

I don't think this will add more meaning to what we are doing or what we
are attempting to do.

But this Working is not working on Data per say but on how we will handle
it and he way we will explore to better the collection process and the
Analytics.

Because all the constituencies are dealing with Data ! That's what ICANN is
doing, that's what Registries, Registrars, etc are doing every single day.

We should not divert far from the initial scope of the Naming Structure.

But Acronyms within ICANN, GNSO is so hard to remember that we need to have
a very easy to remember, simple and sounding name.

My two cents !!

Mouhamet Diop

2014-01-29 Mike O'Connor <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>