ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair

  • To: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:03:05 -0400

Thanks Olga for the helpful info.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Olga Cavalli
        Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:00 PM
        To: Papac, Krista
        Cc: gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx

        Dear Krista,
        thanks for the information.

        As per Chuck´s request about chair/vice chair qualifications, I believe
that the most important qualities for a chair / vice for this Working group are:

        *       Knowledge of GNSO present structure and also about the ongoing
restructuring process
        *       Knowledge about the contracted and non contracted
constituencies and / or stakeholdergroups
        *       Be aware of the ICANN structure and ICANN different processes
        *       Know the registries / registrars industry
        *       Have good communication skills, in English and in his / her
mother tongue
        *       Have good follow up skills
        *       Have good management skills

        These are some of my experiences in this regard:

        *       I chaired several national meetings before and after the Wolrd
Summit of The Information Society in Tunis (2005), these meetings were
multistakeholder.
        *       I was in charge of the WSIS Tunis documents negotiations
representing Argentina, among 170 countries in a United Nation´s global Summit
        *       I charied some drafting teams in the GNSO (Travel policy, Geo
regions)
        *       I am a university teacher and I am good in following up
learning processes with my students
        *       I conducted several teams for mobile telephony and internet
networks development

        I hope this is helpful.

        Regards
        Olga