ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION ITEM 1: OSC-CSG Work Team 24 April Meeting

  • To: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION ITEM 1: OSC-CSG Work Team 24 April Meeting
  • From: "Claudio Di Gangi" <CDiGangi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:12:28 -0400

Julie,

Thank you, I thought you did good work on this in a very short time period!

The document indicates that the IPC does not have term limits for constituency
officers. The IPC charter section regarding constituency officers is Section
IV, and term limits are described in this section (see Section B. Terms of
Office.)

The document also states that: The IPC web site or charter does not appear to
describe processes to encourage global participation. This is a specific
responsibility assigned to the elected officers of the constituency, who are
charged with "reaching out to any other interested IP groups around the world
and encourage them to participate in the IPC." see Section IV. IPC Officers,
Subsection C (2) F. Powers.

Victoria,

In the IPC, both Category 3 (international intellectual property organizations)
and Category 2 (local, state, or purely national intellectual property
organizations) members are entitled to vote. See IPC Charter Section III. IPC
Council, Subsection D. Also see Sections VI. Elections. Subsection 6.

Claudio