ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] Request for Information on Letter from GNSO to Board

  • To: "Rob Hoggarth" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>, <denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Request for Information on Letter from GNSO to Board
  • From: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:33:39 +0100

Robert,

Forgive me for troubling you further, as I was reading the background
materials I came across the following letter from the GNSO Council to
the Board-seeking clarification on the respective roles of the Staff and
the GNSO in the improvements process.

https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/gnso_transition/attachments/reports
_to_gnso_council_and_the_icann_board:20080326133934-0-1546/original/Lett
er%20to%20Board%20on%20GNSO%20Improvements%2018%20March%202008.pdf

This very much raises the issues I asked you about in our meeting on
April 24. Could you please advise what followed and/or the whereabouts
of any response (in any form) from the Board to the letter above? I am
copying in Denise here as she co-wrote that letter.

I would also be grateful for any information as to/and or a copy of the
draft Implementation notes prepared by the Staff referred to in the
penultimate para of this letter.  The letter says that the notes are to
be shared with the community for consideration and discussion. If there
are no notes, please advise.

We have the Staff analysis of the Public Comments only. We don't have
the Staff analysis of the Constituency Submissions or the identification
of changes that the Board has directed or the records of liaison between
the Constituencies and the Staff or the Staff and the Board. If there
are none, please advise. I did ask for this on April 24th.

It is very frustrating working in the dark here and not having the
context.

I note also in relation to my earlier request today as to the timing of
the GNSO Improvements in light of the June 2009 dates, that per the Top
Level Implementation Plan, 11 September 2008, Prepared by the GNSO
Improvements Planning Team, third DRAFT version of 16 October 2008 says
at pg.8: "Neither Steering Committee is intended to be a permanent
entity.  Their respective charters will expire on 30 June 2009, unless
specifically renewed by the GNSO council."

I do think we need the timing information overview in order to be able
to determine how to deal with the little time remaining and the imminent
termination of our Charter.

If you are the wrong Staff person to direct these questions to -please
advise who this should be addressed to.

Given the shortness of time and the Board meeting this week -I would
very much appreciate a prompt reply.

Regards,

Victoria McEvedy

Principal

McEvedys

Solicitors and Attorneys

96 Westbourne Park Road

London

W2 5PL

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedy.eu

Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority #465972

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may
also be legally privileged. If you have received this in error, please
let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its
attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no
retainer is created by this email communication.

JPEG image