ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] OSC-Constituency Operations Work Team: Request for Information

  • To: Victoria McEvedy <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] OSC-Constituency Operations Work Team: Request for Information
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:19:39 -0700

Dear Victoria;

Thanks for your message.

Since the 23 April Board meeting, the most significant developments have been

 1.  Submission of a revised SG Charter from the Registries Constituency and
the posting of that document for Public Comment - see
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#ryc-sg-petition
 2.  Appointment of Board Member Raimundo Beca to serve as Board - GNSO Liaison
on GNSO Improvements matters.
 3.  Significant GNSO Council Restructuring Team discussions on Bylaw
amendments addressing GNSO Improvements effort - see
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-restruc-dt/.  If you have a chance to review
the archives you'll see the discussion has been quite substantial.  There have
also been two recorded conference calls (5 May and 12 May) that you may wish to
listen to that can be accessed here - http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#may
 4.  The Agenda for the ICANN Board meeting this week reflects additional GNSO
Improvements related discussion on Stakeholder Group Charters. - see
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/agenda-21may09.htm.  Not sure about how quickly
the Board will report on the actions at their meeting.  Depending on that, we
may have further updates to discuss on Friday.
 5.  This last item is more speculation, but since the Bylaws Amendments are
not yet finalized - let alone agreed to by the GNSO community, there is wide
spread expectation in the community that the June timetable for reseating the
Council will be extended by the Board.

Have been collaborating with Julie this afternoon on gathering information to
answer your other inquiries and that will be forthcoming soon.

Cheers,

Rob Hoggarth