ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Follow-Up to OSC Constituency Operations 10 July Meeting

  • To: "Rafik Dammak" <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Follow-Up to OSC Constituency Operations 10 July Meeting
  • From: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:35:10 +0100

I wonder if we could discuss some of the issues and assumptions inherent in
Robert’s document on our next call.

As already disclosed I have issues with being denied a vote in my constituency
and am concerned particularly about the assumption that it is acceptable to
have active and inactive members at SG level –by which some members would be
more equal than others.  This is a concern for our work insofar as it suggests
this might be acceptable at constituency level.

I also have some process and transparency concerns here. I would like to
understand the process for this sort of document preparation.  I would also
like to understand which interest groups had some input into the draft.

Julie could you please point to the rules which govern staff in relation to
these sorts of things.

Thank you.