ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting

  • To: "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:58:33 -0400

I don't understand why there appear to be edits made in quotations from
the BGC report (e.g., Section 1.1)

After finalizing this document in terms of content, I suggest that a
clean MS Word version be created and that a new redline version be
created with minor, non-substantial edits be done because the wording is
very poor in lots of cases, probably because of the many edits.  I did
not comment on these kinds of edits below.

In II.1.c, I think "A member who has served two consecutive terms on the
Executive Committee must remain out of office for one full term prior to
serving any subsequent term as a member of the Executive Committee."
should be changed to "A member who has served four consecutive years on
the Executive Committee must remain out of office for one full term
prior to serving any subsequent term as a member of the Executive
Committee."  I think the same change applies to II.4.

II.3.a (formerly b) has what appears to be an incomplete sentence:
"should be open and publicly archived --with posting rights limited to
members at the election of the".

II.9 needs some serious editing.

II.11 - Not sure a handbook is worth the effort if the recommendations
are concisely and clearly written.

II.12 - What is the purpose of this: "We recommend that all
recommendations above, apply also to the Contracted House Stakeholder
Groups." ?  I thought the plan was to refer to Constituencies and SGs in
all cases.

Who is the "we" in Part IV?  What is the purpose of this section?  Why
are the subsections numbered 3.x?

This document is way too long.

Using a wiki is terribly ineffecience for such a long document.

Chuck