ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting

  • To: "Rafik Dammak" <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:11:17 -0400

This looks interesting Rafik.  Thanks.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: Rafik Dammak [mailto:rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:42 AM
        To: Gomes, Chuck
        Cc: Julie Hedlund; gnso-osc-csg
        Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010
Meeting

        Hi Chuck,

        for editing, maybe we should think to use tool like
http://etherpad.com/ which allow realtime collaboration and highlighting
edits

        Regards

        Rafik

        2010/3/30 Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                I don't understand why there appear to be edits made in
quotations from the BGC report (e.g., Section 1.1)

                After finalizing this document in terms of content, I
suggest that a clean MS Word version be created and that a new redline
version be created with minor, non-substantial edits be done because the
wording is very poor in lots of cases, probably because of the many
edits.  I did not comment on these kinds of edits below.

                In II.1.c, I think "A member who has served two
consecutive terms on the Executive Committee must remain out of office
for one full term prior to serving any subsequent term as a member of
the Executive Committee." should be changed to "A member who has served
four consecutive years on the Executive Committee must remain out of
office for one full term prior to serving any subsequent term as a
member of the Executive Committee."  I think the same change applies to
II.4.

                II.3.a (formerly b) has what appears to be an incomplete
sentence: "should be open and publicly archived --with posting rights
limited to members at the election of the".

                II.9 needs some serious editing.

                II.11 - Not sure a handbook is worth the effort if the
recommendations are concisely and clearly written.

                II.12 - What is the purpose of this: "We recommend that
all recommendations above, apply also to the Contracted House
Stakeholder Groups." ?  I thought the plan was to refer to
Constituencies and SGs in all cases.

                Who is the "we" in Part IV?  What is the purpose of this
section?  Why are the subsections numbered 3.x?

                This document is way too long.

                Using a wiki is terribly ineffecience for such a long
document.

                Chuck