ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] substitute members in the council

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] substitute members in the council
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:28:36 -0400

Hi,

You are right about the face to face meeting, but there is not real notion of
real-time observation for teleconferences, and I guess that was my main
question.  At this point, and I have heard of no plans to change this,
observation of the teleconference every 3 weeks is only after the fact via the
recordings.  and since the information for the calls is sent on a separate non
archived information only list, one does not even have the number and code for
the phone call unless the secretariat sends it to the substitute.  In order for
a substitute to attend and participate (i guess to the extent allowed by his or
her SG - if I understand Ray's comments it is the Sg that will decide not only
when the vote and what the vote but whether they can speak or not) the
secretariat will have to make some special provision.

a.