ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Section 2.1 - Term Limits

  • To: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Section 2.1 - Term Limits
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:41:18 -0400

GCOT Members:

Attached is a Final Clean version of Section 2.1 covering Council Member
Term Limits and the "special circumstance" language that is required by the
Bylaws to be documented in the GOP.

Per Ray's comment on the 7 April teleconference, this procedure has been
reviewed and approved by the team.   The attached document is ready to be
sent to the OSC in partial fulfillment of the team's outstanding
assignments.

To keep you (and me) apprised of progress.the following are the GCOT's GOP
tasks and a short status of each one:

1)      Section 2.1 - Term Limits:   attached and ready to be Sent to the
OSC

2)      Section 2.4 - Board Seat Elections:  sent to GCOT on 7 April;
awaiting team review and approval

3)      Section 3.8 - Vacancies and Absences:  awaiting a new version from
Staff (in process.)

4)      Chapter 4.0 - Voting:  awaiting a new version from Staff (in
process.)

a)      Section 4.1 - Quorum:  no new changes identified

b)     Section 4.2 - Voting Thresholds:  no new changes identified

c)      Section 4.3 - Motions and Votes:  no new changes identified

d)     Section 4.4 - Absentee Voting:  Staff to rework this material based
upon 7 April discussion

e)      Section 4.5 - Abstentions:  Staff to rework and ensure consistency
with all other relevant sections

5)      Chapter 5.0 - SOI/DOI:  Sent to OSC; no further GCOT action; pending
OSC feedback

I do not expect to release a new Section 3.8 and Chapter 4.0 until mid-next
week because I want to perform a thorough and careful review of ALL of their
elements.   My hope is to highlight, possibly even diagram, the voting
"remedy" architecture so that the GCOT can ensure that the procedures are
internally consistent, logical, reasonable, and properly reflect its
decisions and intentions.

Ken Bour