ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] substitute members in the council

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] substitute members in the council
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:44:13 -0400

On 8 Apr 2010, at 11:36, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> The concept of a non-observing substitute is ... odd.

lots of things are odd with the bi-cameral setup we have now and with some of
the lengths we are going to to make sure that every Sg is represented in every
vote whether their council members are conscientious or not.  what makes it
especially interesting is that the reorganization was supposed to give us a
council that never voted and instead we have staff contractors writing volumes
on the voting conditions and modalities.  one would think that voting in the
council was much more critical then voting by the board.

but it could work like in those reality shows, where at the right time the
chair makes a call and asks for the votes and confirms that it is the final
answer.

a.