ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] FW: Potential Agenda Items For This Week's GCOT Call

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] FW: Potential Agenda Items For This Week's GCOT Call
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:33:03 +0300

Definitely should not send message when waking up after 4 hours sleep before
coffee.
my typos are worse than normal.

On 17 Sep 2010, at 07:36, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do know if we need a group hug. Seems kinky to me.

I did not think we needed a group hug.
the pesky word 'not' seems to get lost sometimes.

> I thought it was a friendly tussle we were involved in.
>
> In any case, I think we also have the issue to the rules we put out about the
> way in which SOI/DOI was checked at each meeting.  I think practices is
> already evolving in a different direction, so we may just want to adjust the
> rules to the way tit is being done.

ie. it seems that many groups have instituted the practice of just asking
whether anyone has an SOI/DOI update to make.
while this is what I recommended in the committee, i tried to institute the
practice as defined in the rule.
and nearly got my head handed to me by the WG.

so, the question is do we leave a practice people don't like that will not be
followed or do we cange it to what the people seem to want.