ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Conflicting Language on Staff Roles

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Conflicting Language on Staff Roles
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:30:19 -0400

I would like to ask the WT members to think about whether recent ICANN staff
input to us (paraphrasing) that all ICANN employees and contractors are to
be representing ICANN interests at all times in ICANN policy venues is
satisfactory for us to point to as a reason why ICANN staff and contractors
are not required to have a written SOI.

Secondly, if DOI's are intended to be voluntary for everyone as the
individual need arises (rather than a required written document which is the
language we are discussing today) would this serve as a satisfactory tool as
well for ICANN employees and contractors to address Avri's concern of
disclosing an extra-curricular activity (such as participation in an IETF
venue in this example)?

Ray