ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] GCOT Ops Section 5 - disclosure of interest

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] GCOT Ops Section 5 - disclosure of interest
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:18:06 -0400

Hi,

While I agree with my understanding of the COTS team sentiment that this is not
something that necessarily belongs in the Council Operational Procedures as it
is not properly speaking a council operational issue.  I also agree with Steve
that it is a critical issue of transparency that should be required of ICANN.

My suggestion is that the Council votes on a separate motion, perhaps
crafted/suggested by the OSC, that staff be directed to produce and maintain
such a list.  This could be in the form of a letter sent to the staff and
copied to the Board and to the AOC A&T RT.

a.