ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:09:52 -0400

Philip,

The reason I brought up the scenario of the two non-voting NCAs being
absent in the same meeting is because it may happen in the upcoming
Council meeting.  That is why I discovered it.  So it may not be as
unlikely as you think.  Moreover it could factor into whether a motion
passes or not.  In the case of NCA votes, they have increasing chances
of being tie breakers, so when there is an even split of SG votes in a
house and the voting NCA is absent, the vote will fail.

Chuck

ICANN