ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Statement of Interest - Michael Young

  • To: <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Statement of Interest - Michael Young
  • From: "Michael Young" <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:19:33 -0400

As requested here is my statement of interest.

"Michael Young, Vice-President of Product Development, Afilias

I manage the full life cycle of all products at Afilias ensuring their
standards in quality, delivery and market viability across all functional
areas. Additionally, I support Afilias in some policy and community work.

I am a member of the executive management team of Afilias. Afilias has a
registry agreement for .Info with ICANN. Afilias also has both other
registries and registrars as customers and as such, I am exposed to
information about sensitive registry business as it relates to Afilias. Our
customers may have interests in a number of ICANN policy issues and could be
members of other GNSO constituencies and/or supporting organizations. I am
also a voting representative for Afilias in the Registry
Constituency/Registry Stakeholders Group.  I do hold shares and options in
that company.  My ownership or potential ownership through options does not
exceed 10% of Afilias and therefore I am not a controlling shareholder."

Best Regards,

Michael Young

Vice-President,

Product Development