ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposed agenda for PEDNR WG call

  • To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposed agenda for PEDNR WG call
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:57:36 -0400

At 18/08/2009 11:29 AM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight wrote:

> + Continue discussion on registrar survey ­ which information is
> required to answer charter questions?

Can we try to avoid the subject of price entirely this evening. I
think it's been done to death at this stage :)

I think that we can come to closure on this quickly.

> + Discussion of example of a ?so-called reseller that is likely a
> Registrar? provided by Garth Bruen

It might be prudent not to discuss this unless someone from
DemandMedia is involved in the conversation and it's not as if they're
hard to contact. If the WG is going to spend its (and my) time on some
kind of witch hunt of registrars then I can't see how it's going to
progress anything and I can't imagine I'd be alone in that view
(though I could be wrong ...)

I do not believe that we need to or should discuss the specifics of this, as it does not relate directly to PEDNR. It was presented to the group, and I believe that, time allowing, we should discuss what if any impact it does have on our future deliberations.

Alan

> + Schedule for next and further meetings

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.com/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://mneylon.tel
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
US: 213-233-1612
UK: 0844 484 9361
Locall: 1850 929 929
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Fax. +353 (0) 1 4811 763
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty