ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposal regarding Guaranteed renewal period and blackout

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposal regarding Guaranteed renewal period and blackout
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:38:58 +0000

On 18 Jan 2011, at 02:32, Mike O'Connor wrote:

> how about a little positive **help** here instead of this constant refrain of
> "NO!" from registrars.  or have all of you just gone on strike, on all
> working groups, at the same time?
>
> just one tiny constructive suggestion?  pleeeeeaaaze?

Mikey

I can't speak for other registrars, but I think that we have been helpful and
co-operative.

We are the ones who will have to implement any change in policy in our day to
day operations.

We've made proposals. We've provided evidence.

They've been ignored.

What more do you want?

Michele

> mikey
>

> On Jan 17, 2011, at 6:53 PM, James M. Bladel wrote:
>
>> Mason and Team:
>>
>> I tend to agree. In fact, this could generate even more confusion for
>> registrants, especially those who are unclear on what will happen to
>> their names upon expiry.
>>
>> Thanks-
>>
>> J.
>>
>> -----
>> James M. Bladel
>>
>> jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Sent via iPad, using the free app from GoDaddy.com

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
ICANN Accredited Registrar