ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] Updated version of Policy & Implementation WG Charter - Holly's comments

  • To: <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] Updated version of Policy & Implementation WG Charter - Holly's comments
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:20:56 -0400

At 20/06/2013 04:15 PM, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

On 6/19/13 4:53 PM, Holly Raiche wrote:

> AS Chuck has said in his most recent comments, 'all processes, policy
> and implementation and the framework for interaction between the two
> need to be multi-stakeholder.  so our scope is clearly beyond just
> policy as PDP.

<definitially_challenged_hat="ON">

I trust that "multi-stakeholder" here has specific meaning, referring
only to the "stakeholders" which form the GNSO, and no other
"stakeholders" in some frequently occurring, and confusingly similar,
context, when specific to "processes", "policy", though not
necessarily "implementation".

</definitially_challenged_hat>

Eric

I trust that it is exactly the opposite. Id entities such as the GAC are excluded from the process, then there only option is to come in after-the-fact, something that is happening at the moment, but not something that we want to encourage.

Alan