ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For final review - proposed WG Charter

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For final review - proposed WG Charter
  • From: Jordyn Buchanan <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:28:40 -0400

We're just debating about questions that the WG might want to consider
as they deliberate, right?  This doesn't affect the actual scope or
deliverables in the charter, nor the expected work of the WG, it's
just something to think about on the way to fulfilling the actual
terms of the charter.

Personally, I don't love the language, either and think the whole
conversation is presupposing a lot about the substance of the WG's
output as opposed to framing the discussion, but I also think it's
silly to be wordsmithing a question that serves only as an input into
the working group's deliberations without limiting or expanding its
output in any way.

Having said all that, I'm sure if the drafting team rallied around a
particular set of language, Holly would be glad to incorporate it in
place of Chuck's.

Jordyn