ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated Consensus Policy Implementation Framework

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated Consensus Policy Implementation Framework
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:27:39 +0000

Thanks Marika.

For principle II.B I note the comment: "ICANN staff supports additional
consideration and input from the P/I working group on this topic."  Does
staff want to have further discussion on this next week?  Is there something
that staff is concerned with about this principle as presently worded?

For Roles and Responsibilities III.D staff inserted this comment: "Staff
notes a comment from Chuck Gomes regarding the importance of including
contracted parties during the implementation of Consensus Policy
Recommendations. Staff welcome the P/I WG's feedback on ways to increase
contracted parties' participation on implementation review teams.   As an
example, there is little RrSG participation in the current Thick Whois IRT.
How could staff improve participation by contracted parties during
implementation to ensure that their interests are adequately represented?"
The key to involvement of all parties in IRTs is to make them aware of ways
that they may be impacted. A basic step is to identify the impacted parties
and reaching out to them directly; this should be done by staff and the GNSO
Council and usually happens.  In the end we can't make stakeholders
participate; when they don't, sending direct questions to them is another
approach that could be used.

Chuck