ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-dt]

RE: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group

  • To: "'Michele Neylon :: Blacknight'" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Holly Raiche'" <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:52:21 -0800

It may be unreasonable to ask registrars to accept any future SSAC
recommendations, since SSAC is not a representative policy-making body.  Of
course, the GNSO Council (and/or ccNSO Council) can always act on SSAC
recommendations, and then they could be mandated upon registrars via the
consensus policy provisions of the RAA.

It is not unreasonable for this group to look at what SSAC has already
recommended, and work appropriate protections into the RAA as part of this
GNSO policy process.  So I applaud Holly for her research, and support the
request that this WG look at all those recommendations and see which ones
might be appropriate for inclusion in the revised RAA that we are working
towards.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
548 Market Street