ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] revised WHOIS note

  • To: Roland Perry <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] revised WHOIS note
  • From: Beau Brendler <beaubrendler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:48:54 -0400

Agree with Roland, would vote against dismissing WHOIS outright, sorry to have missed vote
Beau Brendler

Sent from my iPhone

On 23/07/2009, at 3:35 PM, Roland Perry <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <EF540DBF36AD494ABA9956846D1C0968@xxxxxxxxxxx>, at 15:00:20 on Wed, 22 Jul 2009, Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
So, I need to know if anyone would like to switch their vote. If so please indicate explicitly on the list by 22:00 UTC tomorrow so that the tally can be accurately recorded in the note to Council. Rod, Mike, and Roland, can
you confirm your positions -- do you agree with a and b as per
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rap-dt/msg00255.html ? If not, please
describe.

There's only a short time to go (could we have longer than this in future, we could easily be travelling), and I wasn't on the call.

I can't agree to dismiss WHOIS problems because a registration that has demonstrably false WHOIS (eg "Mickey Mouse, Disneyland") must be indicative of some kind of abuse. It's also the case that some tlds have geographic qualifications (eg "Resident in country X") and a WHOIS indicating a different country would have to raise questions.
--
Roland Perry