ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] revised WHOIS note

  • To: "'Rod Rasmussen'" <rod.rasmussen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'James M. Bladel'" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mike Rodenbaugh'" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Neuman, Jeff'" <jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] revised WHOIS note
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:00:20 -0400

Dear guys:

The WG conducted a vote in Monday's meeting and arrived at a unanimous
consensus course of action.  (That the WG will a) leave WHOIS off its list
of registration abuses for major examination, research, and
recommendation-making, and b) will include examples and background in its
report when WHOIS issues are a factor in other abuse issues.)

On Tuesday Mike Rodenbaugh stated that he wanted to see an exception for
WHOIS proxy services (http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rap-dt/msg00257.html
).  That departs from Monday's position.

So, I need to know if anyone would like to switch their vote.  If so please
indicate explicitly on the list by 22:00 UTC tomorrow so that the tally can
be accurately recorded in the note to Council.  Rod, Mike, and Roland, can
you confirm your positions -- do you agree with a and b as per
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rap-dt/msg00255.html ?  If not, please
describe.

All best,
--Greg