ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-res-sga]

Re: [gnso-res-sga] Whois working group -- subgroup A (reponsibilities)

  • To: gnso-res-sga@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-res-sga] Whois working group -- subgroup A (reponsibilities)
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:16:06 +0200

Hi,

I am now confused.

On 15 maj 2007, at 16.12, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

a) It seems wise to not burden a registrant or a registrar with data
collection that is redundant. So if you are spending new resource on
making the OPOC accurate and responsive, why would you also continue
to spend resource on the unchanged obligations for admin and tech ?
Rolling these 3 functions into one seems logical. If WHOIS is then a
smaller set of better relevant data, that seems a good outcome.

Does this mean that it is now within scope to recommend removing the Admin and Technical contact?

I.e. are we no longer talking about the OPOC as a role with responsibilities that could be taken over by either the admin or tech or another entity, but are actually allowing that we could do a replacement?

thanks
a.