ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q10. Section 3.6: Restriction on who can be elected to a board seat. (13 or 14)

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>, "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q10. Section 3.6: Restriction on who can be elected to a board seat. (13 or 14)
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:36:41 -0400

I would also like to add that if you asked Rita who the bulk of her clients
were, she would tell you that her practice consists of representing Fortune 500
companies in intellectual property and commercial transaction matters.  See
http://www.skadden.com/Index.cfm?contentID=45&bioID=535

According to her bio:

Rita Rodin Johnston is a partner in Skadden's Intellectual Property and
Technology and Internet and E-Commerce practices.  She represents clients in
structuring and negotiating domestic and international transactions with a
focus on technology and trademarks.  She regularly negotiates outsourcing
agreements, strategic alliances, joint ventures, development and distribution
agreements, trademark and technology licensing agreements, and marketing and
co-branding agreements.  She also advises companies on Internet and e-commerce
business and compliance issues, open source issues, privacy matters and
branding issues.  Her experience also includes regularly addressing
intellectual property and technology and operational issues that arise in
connection with mergers and acquisitions, project finance matters and initial
public offerings.  She has handled matters for companies ranging from startups
to global institutions.  Ms. Rodin Johnston has been repeatedly selected for
inclusion in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business and
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.  She also was listed in
The Best Lawyers in America 2009.

Yes, she has represented a few registries in the past, BUT, she has also
represented the following:

Projects on which Ms. Rodin Johnston has worked include the representation of:

·         Skype Technologies SA

·         Compagnie Financière Richemont SA

·         International Paper Company

·         IBM

·         Merck KGaA

·         Capgemini North America

·         Madison Avenue Diamonds

·         CIT Group Inc.

·         Deloitte & Touche USA LLP

·         Women's Funding Network

So Steve, we all need to stop saying that the two members of the Board are from
the contracted parties, because when you boil it down, its just not true.

I believe Rita has done a great job for the entirety of the GNSO.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.: NeuStar, Inc.
Vice President, Law & Policy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.