ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Naming the Houses

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Naming the Houses
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:24:29 +0200

Philip,

For the same reasons, I have a strong preference for the term ³contracted
parties² to remain the one used for the registrar/registry SG.

I too am often called to explain what ICANN does and more specifically how
the GNSO works. I have found that the ³contracted² / ³non-contracted²
differentiator is both extremely easy to explain and easily understood. IMO,
the reason for this is simple: it describes exactly what the situation is
between the two ³sides² of the GNSO.

Stéphane