ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] CIG and Individuals

  • To: <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] CIG and Individuals
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 21:17:26 -0400

Chuck, I am not sure I support this being an issue of Council procedures. But perhaps it does require a review of all Constituency charters to make sure that they are truly open and will be judged so as new participants apply.

It is clear to me that somewhere in the CSG, there needs to be a home for the new class of entrepreneurs that the web economy has created - epitomized by those who sell stuff on e-bay. Philip's two extremes are easy to address. It is those that come in the middle that I would think are of greatest concern. If they do not have some voice on the GNSO Council, then we are not really representative of modern business issues. Whether that is in the BC or a new "web-based SME" constituency is not for me to say.

Alan