ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q11-Q13 Related to SG group defintions.

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q11-Q13 Related to SG group defintions.
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:40:56 -0400

My views:

Q11     - I oppose adding "and including as observers organisations who
wish to become Registries;"   First of all, I think that charters should
not be approved that do not appropriately allow for observers.
Secondly, if we include the addition, we would then need to define what
it means to "wish to become Registries".

Q12     - I oppose adding "and including as observers resellers; "  The
same as for registries, I think that charters should not be approved
that do not appropriately allow for observers.  Secondly, 'resellers' is
a very limiting term; what if potential registrars wanted to participate
as observers; it seems like that might be reasonable under appropriate
circumstances.  Finally, I think this issue is best covered in SG
charters.

Q13     - It doesn't seem like the addition of "and members of the
at-large community" is necessary; if members of the At-Large community
are non-commercial inidividuals or organizations, they would be eligible
for the NCSG.  Secondly, if some think that the addition is needed for
the NCSG, then it should be added to the CSG as well.  But I don't think
it is needed in either case.
        - I can go either way with regard to 'at-large' or 'At-Large'.
        - I am fine with adding 'non-commercial' before 'members'.

Chuck