ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:34:11 -0400

The following is the relevant section from the July Report on this
point.  Thanks.  Jon

3.      Leadership

a.      One GNSO Council Chair - elected by 60% of both houses.  [If no
one is elected Chair, the Council-level Nominating Committee Appointee
shall serve as a non-voting Chair of Council.]  This point is a
byproduct of the differences regarding the continued presence of a third
nominating committee appointee on the Council. The ISCP Constituency
joins the BC in its opposition to this provision.

b.      Two GNSO Vice Chairs - one elected from each of the voting
houses.  If the Council Chair is elected from one of the houses,
however, then the Council-level Nominating Committee Appointee shall
serve as one of the Vice Chairs in lieu of the Vice Chair from the house
of the elected Chair.  If the Chair is elected from one of the houses,
that person shall retain his/her vote in that house.