ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:00:46 +0200

Whatever solution we find, it must make electing a chair a certainty. We
cannot leave ourselves open to situations where we would be left chairless.
So if we have strong feelings that the 60% threshold may in practice prove
unworkable, we should find an alternative solution and include it in our
proposal to the board.

If the 60% threshold was decided upon only in an attempt to make sure that
the chair has overwhelming support in both houses, then maybe we can
envisage dropping that down to 50%. But would that really solve anything?

Stéphane