ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

[gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 geo and diversity by-law

  • To: <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 geo and diversity by-law
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:03:33 +0200

Not sure if Q5 was discussed yesterday but our small group did not reach
agreement.
As a guide to what we are trying for the following may help.

Background
- Today (and for the past 10  years) constituencies have managed to find 3 reps
from 3 different regions.
- Tomorrow, the pool of potential reps should in principle be greater for all
constituencies.
- There are 3 variants of the constituency to SG transition: a) linear for the
R&Rs, b) a merger for Commercial users, c) potential growth for non-commercial
users.

Principles to be met in diversity rules
1. Diversity should be both by constituency and geography.
2. The BC (and the CSG) want the same diversity rule for each SG ie one
independent of the number of representatives.

We would support any formulation that meets these 2 principles.
(The BC does not seek less stringent rules than today).

Philip