ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 geo and diversity by-law

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 geo and diversity by-law
  • From: Liz Williams <lizawilliams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:25:15 +0100

Hello everyone

Another way of looking at this is that the Council needs a variety of skills to help it work properly. That doesn't come from sectors or regions or geographic locations. From a Nominating Committee perspective, I would look at the aggregate of the group; identify gaps and then seek to fill them with a skill set that is balanced across the group. Not a perfect science and a shifting evaluation each year.

I would leave out reference to sectors but incorporate some language about the value of skills diversity. This is what is done on all well run boards and it should be done here as well.

Liz

Liz Williams
+44 1963 364 380
+44 7824 877 757