ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

[gnso-restruc-dt] Sectoral diversity noow constituency diversity

  • To: <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Sectoral diversity noow constituency diversity
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:30:45 +0200

To clarify.
I first used the term sectoral diversity to reflect primarily the known three
constituencies in the CSG and potential new ones on the NCSG.
Milton pointed out it could be confused with industry sectors.
I  have since dropped the term sector and used instead "constituency" which has
a known meaning within ICANN.

Hence, in the last iteration the proposed opening text read: "Stakeholder Groups
should ensure their representation on the GNSO Council is
diverse both by constituency and geography".

I trust at least this is supported by all ?

Philip