ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-sti] Brainstorming Notes

• To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Brainstorming Notes
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:21:37 -0500

Perhaps even knowing why the staff did what they did could help! Alan

At 03/11/2009 08:36 PM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:
Margie,

Can you please do this in an Excel format? I would like to be able to insert a column that includes the IRT rationale (from my perspective). I think the chart is a great start, but I think without understanding why the IRT did what it did, the chart is a little incomplete. I am not saying that the STI should adopt the IRT rationale at all, but everyone should have the benefit of understanding why we did what we did when they weigh the pros and cons of what staff did.

Thanks!

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.

From: owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Margie Milam
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:36 PM
To: Nevett, Jonathon; gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Brainstorming Notes

Dear All,

I am working on a more detailed analysis, per Jon's suggestion, but drafted the attached document for our discussion tomorrow, which consolidates the brainstorming notes from our pre-meeting last week, with the IRT recommendations, and Staff recommendations.

Please let me know if this format is helpful, and if so, what additional information would be useful to you.

Best Regards,

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN

From: Nevett, Jonathon [mailto:jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:01 AM
To: Margie Milam; gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Brainstorming Notes

Margie:

I'm not sure if you were planning to or not, but I, for one, think that it would be great if staff would circulate a chart listing each issue from the notes, the IRT recommendation, the staff recommendation, other key recommendations (e.g. WIPO, NCUC), and in the case of the URS a column for the UDRP . I think it would be very helpful information for the group and would help to streamline the discussions at this week's meetings. I know we discussed the concept of a chart at the pre-meeting over the weekend in Seoul, so I hope it is in the works.

Thanks.

Jon

----------
From: owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Margie Milam
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:17 PM
To: gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-sti] Brainstorming Notes

Dear All,

Please find attached the Brainstorming Notes developed during our meeting yesterday.

Best Regards,

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy