ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

Re: [gnso-sti] Common Grounds Paper

  • To: Zahid Jamil <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-sti] Common Grounds Paper
  • From: Kathy Kleiman <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:50:32 -0500

Dear STI,
We have before us a Common Grounds memo that explores issues and details at a level beyond the Staff report and the IRT report. It includes a range of experiences and perspectives that expand those of the IRT and Staff reports, including NCSG, ALAC and BG.

This Common Grounds memo moves us forward in very constructive ways. It is a work with many new, and many elaborated concerns. It offers a start to the rounded and diverse approach that the Board suggested when they send the TM Clearinghouse and URS back to the GNSO for review.

I hope you will take it a close look at it prior to our meetings today, tomorrow and in the future.

Best,
Kathy

Kathryn A. Kleiman, Esq.
Internet Matters
Internet Policy Consulting
Falls Church, VA
USA
(703) 371-6846

Dear All,

With great appreciation for many of those who took part in many hours of off-line discussions and work to try and reach some common ground in anticipation of the calls this week, this Table has been prepared which outlines the areas where various parties 'seem' to agree. I have not had a chance to discuss these with Ry, Rar or IPC. This document only represents much common ground being attempted to be reached between NCSG, ALAC and BC positions based on initial discussions. The document only represents initial thinking as to ideas for reaching common ground and does not attempt to crystallize positions and has been prepared just to start discussions.

Since some of us who have been working on the document in various time zones over long hours, please allow room for a few errors and feel free to point out corrections -- apologies in advance.

Hope this helps to drive discussion over the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Zahid Jamil

Barrister-at-law

Jamil & Jamil

Barristers-at-law

219-221 Central Hotel Annexe

Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan

Cell: +923008238230

Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025

Fax: +92 21 5655026

www.jamilandjamil.com <http://www.jamilandjamil.com/>

Notice / Disclaimer

This message contains confidential information and its contents are being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.