ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: GNSO Working Group for the Vertical Integration PDP

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: GNSO Working Group for the Vertical Integration PDP
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:49:57 -0700

Forwarded from STEPHEN PINKOS

Dear Glen,
Greetings, my name is Steve Pinkos.  I'd like to volunteer for the Vertical
Integration Working Group.  Below and attached is my statement of interest.
Thank you for your attention to this request.
STATEMENT OF INTEREST FOR STEPHEN PINKOS
GNSO Working Group for the Vertical Integration PDP

1.    Current vocation, employer and position

Self employed lawyer and government affairs strategist.  I have a contractual
partnership with the PCT Companies, an intellectual property law and government
relations firm.  I previously served as the Deputy Director of the United
States Patent and Trademark Office.

2.    Type of work performed in #1 above

Policy development.  Legal analysis.  Intellectual property and government
affairs counseling.  Representation before the U.S. Congress and Executive
Branch of Government

3.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
Interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement.

None that fit this description.  I serve on the United States Patent and
Trademark Office Public Advisory Committee but do not believe the USPTO
qualifies as an interested party as contemplated by this question.

4.    Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN
GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other
parties?
I provide limited consulting to eNom on government affairs matters.
5.  Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a
work team member.

None.

6.  Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from
participation in such processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO
and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be
a part of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a
contracted party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted party
who has an interest in policy outcomes.
None.

Respectfully submitted,

Stephen Pinkos