ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 15:52:44 -0400

Tim,

I agree that this concept not be pursued right now at all, as it is a
distraction from the policy the GNSO recommended to the Board, and
which the Board approved at Paris.

I propose that we form a "group" around the proposition that whatever
"single registrant" is or are (as it may be more than one distinct
thing), it is out of scope for the policy recommendation on changes,
if any, to the registry registrar separation business rule that has
existed up until the Nairobi Surprise.

Eric