ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 22:54:21 +0200

Tim,
I don't want to argue, as my role is to co-co-ordinate (I'm not stuttering,
just saying that if the chair co-ordinates, the co-chair co-co-ordinates ;>)
But may I observe that if we adopt this optic, we can close business and go
home, as there is nothing in the DAG preventing anybody from applying under
the current ("separation") rules, and think about anything else later.
I do interpret my job as a co-chair, and this was my understanding in
accepting the nomination, to check whether we can within the limited
timeframe we have find some improvements, even in limited cases, over the
baseline, which is the "separation" status-quo. I believe it is my duty to
explore whether there are some benefits for the market in introducing some
elements of VI as soon as possible and practical. I do not know, as of
today, whether this is possible, practical, and if we can get consensus on a
common plan. But to rule out from the start that this is not possible is not
an option for me, unless this is the consensus of the WG.
Cheers,
Roberto