ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Zero Cross-Ownership (0CO) as an option for the group

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Zero Cross-Ownership (0CO) as an option for the group
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:07:49 -0400

I agree with your view, Jeff E.  The WG is just getting started, so let's
let it run its full course, as it should.  But as the dialogue continues,
the more things get thrashed out, it is important that we reflect back on
the fundamental issues we encounter along the way; one of which being how
does it benefit users of the Internet?; and another, how do we ensure no
gaming (an impossible task by definition)?  This WG is yet another good test
of ICANN, particularly for those that hold bottom up consensus policy in
high regard.  So, as you have done well, Jeff, let's all continue to bring
the fundamentals back into the dialogue as and when we feel they should be
voiced.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff