ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs

  • To: Vertical Integration <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:08:53 +0200

Jeff,

It seems clear that in your opinion, registries would be better off not having
to deal with registrars at all. Please correct me if I am mischaracterizing
your views.

If I am correct in my reading of your views, I am constantly surprised by these
views as your portray them, and as they seem to be direct attacks on the very
sales network which enables your company and other gTLD registries to market
its TLDs.

But of course, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion on the subject. The
only question I have is whether that opinion is strictly personal, a portrayal
of Neustar's take on registrars, or the opinion of the registry stakeholder
group as a whole?

Sorry if you have been asked this before, but I am still unclear on this.

Thanks,

Stéphane