ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Joint Proposal - Tindal question 4

  • To: "'Richard Tindal'" <richardtindal@xxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Joint Proposal - Tindal question 4
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:44:37 -0400

Richard,

I do not think they need to be that complex. The key principle of the RAA
safeguards being incorporated by the Registry Operator to protect
registrants was I believe the really only non-starter from the team's
perspective. As Avri properly noted, there is no intention to block
registrars from providing services in these TLDs where we recognize that
domain name portability is a key factor in the registrar marketplace.

Best regards,

Michael