ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Innovative Proposal - to Richard Tindal's question

  • To: Kathy Kleiman <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Innovative Proposal - to Richard Tindal's question
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:54:17 -0700

Thanks Kathy,

With respect to issue 1.  you're advocating a more conservative position than
the Registry Constituency Supermajority proposed in 2009.

What is the rationale for not allowing more cross ownership in 'other' TLDs?

As example questions,  what harm do you see in Neustar (say) owning a registrar
that sells .COM?   What harm do you see in eNom owning a registry for a TLD
that its registrar does not sell?

RT