ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Regarding the Nairobi Board Resolution

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Regarding the Nairobi Board Resolution
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:13:38 -0400

The meaning is abundantly clear. It is: If we don't set the policy, the board
will prevent all forms of cross ownership and revert to a rigid separation
policy. The board resolution is not a policy, it is a table-clearing, as Avri
put it. That is all we need to know. Asking for more details doesn't make any
sense - unless one is planning to game this WG by blocking a potential
consensus solution because one thinks one might like what the Board will do
better.

--MM