ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a starter-list of Harms

• To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a starter-list of Harms
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:43:46 -0400

Mikey, one of the potential VI harms that was discussed earlier but does not seem to be in your list is a large registrar who is also an RSP applying pressure to prospective Registries to use their back-end services or the registrar will not carry the TLD (or will not feature it).

I don't know to what extent this is an issue, but it was discussed in earlier meetings looking at the competition studies.

Alan

At 31/05/2010 12:31 PM, Mike O'Connor wrote:
hi all,

i liked the "Harms" conversation that Roberto kicked off and went looking for a list, since several people mentioned that there were lists out there. i couldn't really find one, so i decided to start building one for us. i've attached my very-first, extra-lame draft version of the list and have also included it in the agenda for the call today. please give this a quick read and identify any that i've missed.

Roberto and i are thinking that we'll work through a basic risk assessment process -- 1) describe the possible harms, 2) determine their likelihood and importance and 3) describe ways to reduce their likelihood and impact. so this is part one -- make sure we have a complete list...

mikey

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy