ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a starter-list of Harms

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a starter-list of Harms
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:43:46 -0400

Mikey, one of the potential VI harms that was discussed earlier but does not seem to be in your list is a large registrar who is also an RSP applying pressure to prospective Registries to use their back-end services or the registrar will not carry the TLD (or will not feature it).

I don't know to what extent this is an issue, but it was discussed in earlier meetings looking at the competition studies.

Alan